Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Help Yourself to Some Cookies Too, Dear

I broke down and made hot dogs for lunch yesterday. As you may already know, this is pretty unusual for me since I don't believe that hot dogs are actually food.

The kids thought it was cool.

They come in a package of eight. Ravenous Boy had two, Microtween had one, the big Little had two, the little Little had one, and I had one (but don't tell anyone or I'll blame it on the cats). That's seven, so there was one left over.

I told the little Little he could have it if he was still hungry after he ate his first one.

After we finished I forgot what I'd already said and asked if anyone wanted the leftover dog. Three voices answered at the same time -- Ravenous Boy and both of The Littles.

Here's how it went down:

"Never mind. They can have it," said Ravenous Boy.

"I want it!" cried the little Little.

"But I told you your hair looks beautiful," asserted the big Little, referring to a compliment he had given me as I was drying my hair earlier in the morning.

I made The Littles split the last hot dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment